Mississippi Quarterly welcomes contributions of original scholarship in the humanities and social sciences dealing with the US South broadly defined. Please allow four to six months for the review of your submission. The journal also publishes book reviews and review-essays
- Please submit manuscripts via email attachment to email@example.com with “MQ submission” in the subject line. Book review queries should go to the associate editor, Robert West (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Submissions should be in the range of 6,000 to 10,000 words. Send a query to the managing editor (email@example.com) regarding submissions (notes or essays) that fall outside of this range.
- Clear all headers or footers, including page numbers.
- Clear all section and page breaks.
- Use one-inch margins and left justification.
- Use Times New Roman, 12-point font for text, minimum of 10-point font for notes.
- Double-space text and notes; single-space within Works Cited bibliographical entries and double-space between entries.
- Use footnotes rather than endnotes, but keep them to a minimum. In notes, cite last name only for short references (e.g., See Rubin 234-38); full name on first mention in discursive notes is acceptable.
- Use indented blocks for quotations that exceed three full lines.